Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. The Poulters went to Northern California via car, with enough dvd's and Dramamine to make everyone happy. The drive was long and through the driving rain, but was well worth it. We arrived Wednesday, my Mom's birthday, said a few "Hi, how ya doins" and promptly went to bed. Thursday we spent Turkey day watching football and preparing for a delicious meal served by my parents. Friday, Alix donned her flak jacket and went Black Friday shopping with her best friend Julie while I snapped up the deal of the day, rest. After dodging falling end caps of Elmo and trampling crowds, Alix and her Mom had lunch with her Aunt Fran and Uncle Don. My Dad and I tried to play a new Axis and Allies board game my friend brought over and after a couple of hours of not understanding the rules we decided to play an Axis and Allies game that we both had played before, Battle of the Pacific. I know it sounds boring and a snooze-fest to most, but it is a lot of fun. We met our best friends Julie and Jason and their son Owen at Mary's Pizza Shack to celebrate my birthday and then back to their house for a little Guitar Hero World Tour, upcoming post alert. We left Saturday morning and headed over to the Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln area to look at homes and neighborhoods. After dinner in Roseville we headed down I-5 towards the thriving metropolis of Lebec at the base of the Grapevine, where we would stay the night. Sunday we headed back home to Arizona and arrived around 9pm.
-Scott
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Thanksgiving Time
Posted by Alix at 4:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Ok people thanks for picking the worst picture ever of me. Do I want to throw up or do I just smell something bad? Not to sure. Glad we got to see you all for a few hours.
Love, Julie
Since I took the pictures I am partial to them. I do not look so great either, but I love being in the picture (Scott was the cameraman, so we missed him at the table). It was a long car ride, but seemed to go by fairly quickly. It is great when you can sleep through so much of the road.
Good blog. Love, Mom/Grandma
Post a Comment